Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yes, It's Rednesday once again.

I learn something new everytime I post on my Blog. The pictures load in reverse order. Thats why Sue's link showed up at the bottom. Here a few favorite reds from this week. I love Cookbooks and Betty's books are no exception. The Cooky book was a favorite from my childhood. I loved to look at all the colorful pictures.


The other two I picked up at yardsales.


These two items were from a trip to the Salvation Army last week. I do not know what the piece with the hole is for. But I googled the mark on the bottom of the cup and I think there is a piece missing. I still like the cup and lid though. And the vase is ceramic. Handmade with care by someone long ago. I love the speckels on the glaze.















Visit Sue at It's a Very Cherry World. http://suelovescherries.blogspot.com







4 comments:

  1. I love the cookbooks. Yhe vintage ceramics are really nice. Great find! Isn't it weird how the pictures upload in reverse order-I still can't get used to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay those cups are stunning. And love to collect old recipe books too, happy Wednesday!
    A Chevrolet red pick up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the graphics on the front of the cookbooks!! I really like your two red pieces but can't help with identifying them, sorry.
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering if the cup with the hole-thing is a tea cup and the hole is supposed to have a strainer in it or something?

    I love the cookbooks. I had the cake one years ago, but Mister said he prefers the mixes to home-made. Boo!

    ReplyDelete