Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Georgia National Fair Fun.

October 7-17 is Georgia National Fair time. Some people love the rides, the animals or the fair food, but I love the Georgia Living and Heritage Hall Programs. This includes competitions ranging from quilting to cooking and just about anything in between.


















Four-H clubs from different schools decorate scarecrows. Some of them are very creative.





































This is the third year I have participated in the cooking competion. I did not win the first year, but last year I won 3rd place in the "Grits" competion. I was hooked. I year I have a busier schedule and could not participate in as many competions. The first one I entered was the BBQ Chicken contest. I won 3rd place. there were about 18-20 competitors. My recipe is called "Sweet and Spicy aprocot Glazed Chicken". If you have a fair near you and love to cook, check out the culinary competions. You just might win.














4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's a big fair to compete. We all knew you were a winner, it's just nice to have the ribbon to prove it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl , we are proud of you .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun post! Just wanted to let you know I received one of your tags from Karla's swap! Delightful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete